Sunday 21 April 2019

Cook Ding's Kitchen: Why She Practices Tai Chi Chuan


Why do you practice? When I first started Tai Chi there was something mysterious about it; this ancient Chinese art moving in slow motion. Then I wanted to be really good at it and poured hours of practice into it. Tai Chi was my life. Parenthood, ageing and cancer changed my perspective and priorities somewhat.

After 38 years of Tai Chi I no longer think about why I practice. It doesn't matter if I'm any good, whether I've mastered the techniques or not. The spiritual ramblings - time wasting and irrelevant.

I just do my form. The journey is more important than the destination.

Below is a link to a lovely blog post that got me thinking about why I practice.


Cook Ding's Kitchen: Why She Practices Tai Chi Chuan: In this beautiful little essay on her blog, Joan Lauri Pool explains why she practices Taijiquan under Maggie Newman. An excerpt is below....

1 comment:

  1. I find that with continued practice, I haven't found many answers, but the questions seem to keep fading away.

    ReplyDelete